Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ciao Americans

CIAOOOOOOOOOO
How is everyone?? Good I hope.
Well now I'll do my duty of updating y'all. Yep, the Italians say y'all all the time. No actually..they don't... but that would be funny.

This last weekend me, Sandra, and Giuseppe went to there friend's (Paola and Stefono) beach house in Baccumandara, this little peninsula. It was gorgeous. Bellissimo. The house was cute and medium sized.. white with red roof. There was a pathway in the backyard down to the beach. In the summer this beach is very crowded, but at this time of year it was basically empty. Giuseppe fished.. I swam.. We all just relaxed. Then Paola went to the house and came back with snorkling gear! So me and Stefono geared up, and snorkled awayyy!!! It was so fun I absolutly love snorkling. Stefono are both scuba certified also, I am so jealous! There wasn't too much sea life but I still loved every second. In the evening we had a homecooked dinner. Like I have every day for lunch and dinner. Home cooked, fresh, amazing Italian food. I love it more and more every meal. The next morning Stefono drove me on his motorcycle to Cagliari to meet my friend Erica who is another exchange student. We walked along the beach Poeto, then went back to her home. She lives in one of the hundred apartment buildings. They are all so cute. We ate some bread for lunch, and then she showed me around Cagliari. It is amazing. I love all the colorful buildings and tiny streets. It makes me so happy to see all the clothes hanging to dry, and the mini scooters. I love the tall buildings and the old architecture. I especially love the old churches and squares. All the stores were closed because it was sunday, so it was very peaceful and just a good day! After that.. back home!

School is going great. It is still very hard to understand. Even though I am understanding more and more each day, it still just isn't quite enough to get the major point across to me. But, taking notes and translating works just fine. I love my beginning German and French classes, even though I'm in the 14/15 year old class haha. But boy is it hard learning GERMAN and FRENCH in ITALIAN when I speak ENGLISH! haha but its ok I'm getting it! I think.... Anyways.. biology is great, I can understand most everything because they are all words I can relate to. Italian literature and Philosophy on the other hand are a bit harder... and Art history is almost impossible. But again.. the note translating procedure is great. English is easy of course and so nice on my brain haha. I still like my class very much. Everyone is super nice. AH I just can't wait to understand and talk at regular pace!! In good time.. I know.. but I can't wait. Other than that everything is good good! It is getting colder though.. dang it. Good thing I packed some winter clothes!!

Volleyball is great!! Yesterday we had our first in-door, with volleyballs practice. Before we were just conditioning on the track. It was so fun yesterday. I like being one of the tallest! I wonder if the net is a little lower here than in America... haha. It will be nice to understand all the stuff my coach says... I'm sure that will come in handy. For now, people just ask capito? And I say uhhh poco.... and then they explain in their best English haha. Today I don't have volleyball.. but am going to Cagliari to play........ SOCCER! woo hoo!!! Or maybe just futsal, but either one, I am SO excited. I'm going to play with Paolas sisters team. I'm not sure exactly whats going on, I will have to tell you later. But yeah, any way to play is great!

Well... nothing else is too new! My family is great, I meet more friends everyday, I am adapting smoothly without any problems. I love it!
Pictures on there way!
Arrivederci!
Laurie

1 comment:

Jancisco said...

Laurie, this sounds like a dream. I love how you described the scene--just right to make everyone insanely jealous.

Have a great time there and be good!